A divorce order dissolves a marriage on the basis that the marriage has broken down irretrievably, and is separate from the division of property of a marriage and any child care arrangements.


An application for divorce may only be granted where the Family Court considers that the parties have been separated for at least 12 months, and a divorce order will not take effect unless any children of the marriage are adequately provided for.


You may choose to apply for a divorce on your own, or jointly with your former spouse.


Mony De Kerloy can provide you with assistance in preparing or responding to an application for divorce and ensure that the appropriate documents are drafted and filed promptly.